Free, Open Entrepreneur Office Hours
Room 1103 Technology Advancement Program Bldg.
Get answers now on how to build a successful startup company. Receive free and impartial advice, brainstorm business strategies, investigate funding opportunities and learn about the vast resources available to entrepreneurs.
DATE: June 10, 10:00 a.m. to noon
PLACE: Room 1103, Technology Advancement Program building (directions)
REGISTER: Schedule an appointment here to guarantee your time slot. Walk-in appointments are also available.
The University of Maryland's Maryland Technology Enterprise Institute (Mtech) is hosting free office hours to help aspiring and current entrepreneurs with tech-based startups or ideas get advice on how to:
- build and finance a startup company
- develop and protect intellectual property
- navigate the technology transfer process
- refine your business strategy for rapid growth
- tap into other entrepreneurial resources
Representatives from the following organizations and groups are typically on hand to speak with you one-on-one regarding any questions you might have about starting a company:
- Mtech VentureAccelerator Program
- Mtech Technology Advancement Program
- Office of Technology Commercialization
- Dingman Center for Entrepreneurship
- Maryland Intellectual Property Legal Resource Center
- Maryland Biotechnology Center
- Experienced Entrepreneurs
- Representatives from the following investment and grant organizations are also often on campus to participate in Entrepreneur Office Hours or other Mtech events for new ventures: CNF Investment, New Markets Growth Fund, Amplifier Venture Partners, LP, Novak Biddle Venture Partners, HIG Ventures, Grotech, Maryland Venture Fund, and TEDCO.
There's no reason to do it alone when you can benefit from the experience and advice from those who have done it before!
Mtech hosts Entrepreneur Office Hours on the second Tuesday of every month, from 10:00 am to noon, in room 1103 of the Technology Advancement Program building.
Mtech's venture programs work closely with organizations and persons, ranging from local entrepreneurs and angel investors to service providers and large corporations, who share a passion for starting and building ventures, as well as for training technologists to become company founders. Mtech venture programs' valued 2010 sponsors are Fish & Richardson P.C. and Nixon Peabody LLP.